Saturday 27 March 2010

And...Action!

Andy Warhol said that everyone will be famous for 15 minutes. Several years ago, on a visit to Disneyland Paris, we attended a live stunt show called Moteurs Action.
 Shortly after the start of the show, the presenter asked for several volunteers who thought they could drive a stunt car. My son, Sam, put up his hand and was chosen. She then picked a few others as "extras" to help with the show and off they all went together backstage. Sam ended up literally starring on the big screens and even got to drive one of the stunt cars...by remote control! It was a great experience and was a highlight of the holiday. I finally got to scrapbook the photos and thought I'd share with you all.
I journalled on the arrows as they follow the story.

In the first pic (left top) and just below, Sam is being "interviewed"!


I chose this grungy red paper as it reminded me         
of the old buildings'  walls                                         
on the set with all the paint flaking off.


I used a bought die cut filmstrip to highlight smaller photos. The car, motorcycle and journal tag where all cut from the Cricut Going Places cartridge. I used chalk pens to grunge up the regular cardstock to mimic the background paper.

and I hid the journaling in a little card cut from the same cartridge. ...et voila! This cart is great for all things travel or transport related.

No comments: