Tuesday 4 May 2010

What a journey...

Wow, what a trip! I just got back from a real whistle stop visit to America. I flew into Los Angeles last Monday and after sleeping 2 nights in my trailer, (I felt like a movie star - just needed my name on the door, LOL), we (5 ladies) drove in the most enormous truck all the way to Provo, Utah.

Some of our conversations were indeed surreal. I'll never look at a soup terreen or a cookie jar the same way, might not sound much but we were talking about cremations, so I'll speak no more on the subject!?! Suffice to say we laughed till we actually hurt, my friend Paula thought she'd pulled a muscle in her side.
Four nights in Utah and we drove all the way back, 1 night in my trailer and back to the airport I went. FYI, if I never have to run across Atlanta airport in heels again as long as I live it will still be too soon! I almost missed my connection, TWICE! About 20hrs later I arrive home.

We had gone to Provo for the BYU Womens Conference...if you ever have the chance to go then you really should. We had the most amazing time, we were uplifted, counseled, laughed and bonded in a way that just wouldn't other wise have happened. We also experience almost every known weather in the western world - sometimes on the same day, sun, sleet, snow, wind!

I made this card before I went on my amazing trip but I guess this suits my mood tonight.


The background paper, digi stamp and sentiment are all from the Cheeky Monkey CD from the Papertrail Company.
The link is just below the picture. The frame is on mirricard and cut out using Cricut's Heritage cartridge. I used my Promarkers to colour the image.

A great card for anyone either going on a trip, starting a new adventure in their lives or to someone who justs need some encouragement to be brave.
When I get my trip pictures uploaded I'll be sure to let you all have a peek. Have a great week and as Tim Holtz always says...Enjoy the journey!
http://www.thepapertrailco.co.uk/

No comments: