Tuesday 16 February 2010

So, here I am, writing my very first post on my blog. It was only recently that I'd given any attention to blogs. I had thought that "bloggers" were vain, narcissistic people who wanted to ramble on about their selves and show off what they had been up to,... then I realised that was ME!

For a long time, I'd been trying to figure out a way to create some sort of magazine that would feature the kind of things I like; scrapbooking, quilting, card making, home making, and generally speaking, all things pretty. Then it dawned on me that maybe this was the way.

The "Not quite Martha Stewart" bit came to me as it pretty much describes me. I'm crafty, artistic and not bad at homemaking. However, I don't know it all or have a lot of spare time and sometimes my crafting mind is a complete blank. I can cook a range of family food and even rustle up a few desserts but I'm terrified of baking and don't even try and ask me to make pastry. I once asked a friend, (who is a fantastic baker and cake decorator), to help me bake a sponge cake for my husband's birthday. She dutifully came into my kitchen and asked me where were my weighing scales...I told her I kept them in the bathroom! (I never had the need to weigh flour or sugar, did I?)

So my plan is to share some of my best "Martha moments" and hopefully inspire some of you along the way. Be patient, I'm new at this and will be relying on my teenage sons to help with lots of the technical side of the blog, (It will be like having a condescending PA who resents the fact that you earn more than they do but you couldn't do the job without them!!!) I may even post the occassional ramble or two. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: