Friday 30 January 2015

Where did January go? I have no idea, except I have managed to get in 3 full play days of glorious crafting, all away from the distractions of home and in the company of friends. Although scrapbooking is my true crafting love I have rediscovered the joys of card making. One day did involve a level of danger I'd never experienced  before in the pursuit of artistic endeavour; I braved the snow one day to work with my craft buddy, Caroline from Carolin's Crafts And More.

It was a fairly hairy and slow journey and I learned since that the grinding sound coming from under my car was the ABS! I was seriously concerned that I was going to park  my car inside her conservatory; her drive is soooo steep. Watching the snow gently fall over her woodland garden was serenity itself and undoubtedly helped our creativity - we knocked out a stack of cards. Getting up the drive when it was time to go home however got our adrenaline levels pumping to the max. It took the best part of 15 minutes to get up her Everest like frozen driveway; I only managed thanks to Caroline's spectacular snow sweeping. We are entering her into Team GB's Curling team in 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics.

I've been playing with Stampin' Up products lately, especially the Sale-A-Bration items that you can choose for free with every purchase over £45,  to make some really cute cards - take a look.

What I do really like about Stampin' Up is that so many of the products co-ordinate so easily. there is a massive Stampin' Up community and loads of inspiration on Pinterest. Why not follow me on Pinterest and see loads more examples of amazing cards created by talented crafters.http://uk.pinterest.com/turner23/stampin-up/
Both cards use the Birthday Bash Papers, Ballon Bash Stamp set; a sequin trim and a bow using the Bow Builder punch finish off the cards beautifully.



I really love the little house featured on the You Brighten My Day stamp set. Its a fabulous stamp set. I aeddd some of the Calypso Coral Pompom Trim, and a piece of Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper.


Sale-A-Bration runs from 6th January - 31st of March 2015




No comments: